Jamf Pro 10.14.0 Beta 1 now available!

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamf Pro 10.14 Beta 1 brings an exciting number of enhancements to Jamf Pro for administrators across all deployment types. We have heard your feedback and extension attributes can now be enabled or disabled via the user interface. Furthermore, Jamf Pro extension attributes now allow for multi-value LDAP mapping, which we’re sure you will love.

Jamf Pro 10.14 allows an administrator to empower a group of individuals to request apps via Self Service for iOS directly on their devices. This feature will have a limited testing scope during the beta but will be available to all with the general release. Jamf Pro 10.14 also features faster detection of restricted software, an updated Startup module, and additional skip steps in PreStage enrollments that apply to macOS 10.15 and iOS 13.

Jamf Pro 10.14 is our first release to run on Java 11. Note that going forward, Jamf Pro will only run on Java 11 or later. For our on-premise customers and testers, that means upgrading Java prior to installing Jamf Pro 10.14.

How to join the beta:

If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll using the Beta Programs tab on Jamf Nation under My Assets. After enrollment, reference our Release Notes for a complete list of what is included in the beta build. Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage you to install this software in a non-production environment.

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation beta discussion area or contact Jamf with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program!

14 REPLIES 14

Eigger
Contributor III

Self Service for BYOD, macOS and IOS?

sedwards
Contributor

Will we need to purchase our own Java license (see Java's license changes that went into affect in April) in order to install Java 11?

JayDuff
Contributor II

+1 to @sedwards 's question.

Oracle wants $2.50/user/MONTH to license Java after version 9. I think we'll only need 3 of them (2 JSSes and a MySQL server), but that's still $90/yr.

Is that cost going to be included in the annual fee assessed by Jamf?

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Folks,

Our Migrating to Java 11 and more importantly our Installing Java and MySQL for Jamf Pro 10.14.0 or Later Knowledge Base articles should answer questions in regards to Oracle Java 11 - in short, you can always use OpenJDK or Amazon Corretto 11.

jonmacguru
New Contributor II

Can we assume that 10.14 beta will eventually begin to test new features that Apple showed in their "Managing Devices" WWDC session? Those may come later in the cycle, but those are the things I really need to be testing.

acaveny
New Contributor III

We migrated to Open JDK....

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III
Furthermore, Jamf Pro extension attributes now allow for multi-value LDAP mapping, which we’re sure you will love.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! #sniffle

--
https://donmontalvo.com

retroroscoe
Contributor

Hallejua!!!!! Been after this for 2 years now

rbutler
New Contributor

will jamf pro 10.14.x only run on mysql 8.0.x or can we continue using 5.7 on ubuntu?

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

@rbutler I see that our cloud test instance is running MySQL v5.7 (according to the summary) so I am presuming yes, although v8.0 will be the recommendation.

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

MySQL 5.7 is the minimum required - to @mark.mahabir's point, if you are on-premise or otherwise not using our hosted solution, we would recommend MySQL 8.x.

landon_Starr
Contributor

Will the request iOS apps via Self Service feature also be making its way to macOS?

riverajo
New Contributor II

I was having issues with Amazon Corretto bringing up Tomcat server. Corretto doesnt seem to recognize JRE files and for some reason our Tomcat instance cannot start as it doesnt recognize Corretto

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @riverajo,

Thanks for the comment. Make sure to discuss this in the Beta forum section of Jamf Nation.