After our recent 10.20.1 upgrade, I noticed our computer inventory wasn't updating as it should. Neither my devices, or anything from our workers remote across the continental USA were updating.
I swapped out the update inventory option from Jamf Pro to a "jamf recon" command as a test. Immediately my Slack based reporting went nuts. The relevant message in the logs was:
Connection failure: "The operation couldn’t be completed. ( error 502.)"
Anyone else noticed this behaviour?
We fought this issue over a year ago. The built-in policy that used the GUI checkbox wouldn't reliably do inventories. We swapped that policy out with a "jamf recon" as you mentioned. We opened a ticket with Jamf on this but never really got anywhere with it.
Sorry can't provide more than a simple sanity check.
@Cayde-6 Rich comes up with the goods again! Sadly it's not relevant on this particular case. My 502 error issue is now affecting enrollment of devices.
Last time I saw this on cloud, one of the two tomcat servers that makes up Jamf Cloud hasn't initialized properly and the load balancer was sending requests to a non functional server. Anyway I've escalated with Jamf Support and everyone else affected by this I recommend that you do the same.