Jamf Pro 10.26 Cloud Upgrade Schedule

MollySchmidt
New Contributor

The latest version of Jamf Pro includes a new macOS Web Content Filter payload, enhancements to Jamf’s Venafi integration and improved workflows for managing Jamf apps like Jamf Connect directly in Jamf Pro.

• macOS Web Content Filter Payload
    For IT admins who are deploying a particular security software that has modernized for macOS Big Sur, this release includes a new "Content Filter" payload type to support this framework in third-party apps.

• Venafi Integration Enhancements
    When IT teams have Venafi TPP configured as a PKI certificate authority, they have the ability for improved automatic connection testing, token-based authentication and the ability to identify history information ensuring a better user experience.

• Configuration Profile Enhancements
    For IT admins using Jamf Pro with other Jamf solutions like Jamf Connect, you can now configure Jamf solutions directly in the Jamf Pro console with an improved workflow using the computer Application and Custom Settings payload. Leveraging the Application and Custom Settings payload allows IT admins to use the new configuration settings without waiting for a new Jamf Pro release.

Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro 10.26 based on your hosted data region below.

RegionStart Date/TimeEnd Date/TimeDuration
ap-southeast-2December 4th 1300 UTCDecember 4th 2300 UTC10 Hours
ap-northeast-1December 4th 1500 UTCDecember 4th 2200 UTC7 Hours
eu-central-1December 4th 2300 UTCDecember 5th 1000 UTC11 Hours
eu-west-2December 5th 0000 UTCDecember 5th 0600 UTC6 Hours
us-east-1December 5th 0500 UTCDecember 5th 2000 UTC15 Hours
us-east-1-sandboxDecember 5th 0100 UTCDecember 5th 1000 UTC9 Hours
us-west-2December 5th 0800 UTCDecember 5th 1600 UTC8 Hour

Next Steps

Need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance? Check out this guide to find out how.
If you want to be alerted when your upgrade kicks off, subscribe to updates here.
For information on what’s new in Jamf Pro 10.26, please review the release notes.

12 REPLIES 12

galihrengga
New Contributor II

lama banget 10 jam..cepetin anjeng

galihrengga
New Contributor II

kiw kiw

mscarpel
New Contributor

Our instance is on US-West-2, which supposedly finished its upgrade window at 8:00PST, however it's nearly 11:00PST and I still cannot access our JAMFCloud instance. Does it not return until all instances are restored or should access be available as completions roll through?

mwineke
New Contributor

Well worth the price! :)
Binary compatibility with ARM64 architecture, and scoping ARM64 architecture is a welcome thing! I've added rosetta2 to a smart group targeted policy for ARM64, and can confirm successfully enrolled ARM64 Macs get the policy early on in the process after successful enrollment through Automated Device Enrollment and/or check-in via Smart Group policy targeting that architecture.
All our non ARM64 applications install successfully thereafter. :)

scottlep
Contributor II

Anyone else in us-east-1 not seeing the new version? Looks like upgrades in us-east-1 did not happen on 12/5 as per the schedule.

~Scott

rshepherd
New Contributor III

us-east-1 here, I'm having issues where a large number of our devices had configuration profiles and apps removed at about the same time on Saturday, possibly during the update...

RLR
Valued Contributor

Had one user get an Inventory update on Saturday on their iPad after the upgrade. They lost their department field (went blank). We use department fields for smart groups so they lost all their apps and settings on their iPad.

Tried sending a new inventory update to pull the department from AD as we do with all our users but it wouldn't get it. Tested the LDAP server which gave back the correct Department but still wouldn't pull through for this user. I had to manually assign their Department which I expected to then get removed on the next inventory update but it didn't. Can't work out what's happening. I've got support call open at the moment.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@rshepherd Are those impacted devices running Big Sur? Did you by any chance scope those configuration profiles and apps against smart groups using the criteria "OS Version is 10.16"? Jamf Pro 10.26 and 10.25.2 report the OS Version for Big Sur as 11.0 now.

rshepherd
New Contributor III

@bpavlov oddly enough, so far, all the affected devices are iPads--haven't seen any MacBooks with this issue as of yet.

RLR
Valued Contributor

@rshepherd We had one user lose all their apps and config profiles on their iPad. How are your apps/config files scoped?

rshepherd
New Contributor III

@RLR The users in question are all part of one large smart group that is populated using the Department and Phone Number criteria from info pulled from our AD--it seems that information was lost in translation and removed users from that group. Oddly enough, it did not affect MacBook users (that we see so far), only iPad users. We created a new smart group using different username criteria as a workaround for now, but still trying to get to the bottom of things.

RLR
Valued Contributor

@rshepherd That's the same for one of our users. They randomly lost their department field even though AD was correct. Our smart groups are setup based on departments. I guess something in the upgrade didn't go well and some users lost their department.