Jamf Pro 10.27 Beta 2 Is Now Available!!

ianhansen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Jamf Nation!

We are now releasing Jamf Pro 10.27.0 beta 2! This release contains some new enhancements to Computer Device Certificate Renewal and a number of bug fixes along with the exciting new features from Beta 1:

• Azure AD integration: We are very excited to add Azure AD as Cloud Identity Provider in Jamf Pro, enabling customers using Azure AD to scope and search against users.

• Cloud Distribution Point Failover We’ve heard you Jamf Nation, and we’re happy to share with you that in Jamf Pro 10.27 Beta you will be able to configure a Cloud Distribution point to be a failover for your on-premises Distribution Points.

There's a lot more to this release which is covered in the release notes!

How to join the beta :
If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll using the Beta Programs tab on Jamf Nation under My Assets within the account section. After enrollment, reference our Release Notes for a complete list of what is included in the beta build.

Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage you to install this software in a non-production environment.

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation beta discussion area or contact Jamf via beta@jamf.com with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program!

7 REPLIES 7

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

You wanted to mean 10.27 Beta 2?

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Cloud Distribution Point Failover , if my CDP fails and my mac is at home then on premise DP will be useless. So I am not understanding why tis features has been added. Any other advantage is there?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Asifahmed I think you misunderstood the Cloud DP failover feature. Its purpose is if your on-prem DP (and that could be an internal only DP, or DMZ DP if you really had one in addition to a Cloud DP) fails you can fail over to the Cloud DP. That's an improvement over the current capability which only allows failover to a File Share DP.

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

@sdagley If I select CDP as master DP and others DMZ DP as secondary as per IP segment then should it not be working as failover DP as CDP? Please correct me if I ma wrong here.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Asifahmed You're comparing apples and oranges. The existing configuration for a File Share DP failover only allows selecting another File Share DP as the failover server. If you have a Cloud DP it isn't listed as a failover option. That will change with Jamf Pro 10.27.0

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

@sdagley It makes sense now. Thanks for help to understand it. :)

dng2000
Contributor II

@Asifahmed I'm one of those who asked for this feature. In my organization, some buildings built almost a century ago still has very slow Internet connections and some sites are still less than 10Mbps. So an on-prem DP makes more sense than the cloud. But if the on-prem server fails, then automatic failover to the cloud DP will be useful no matter how slow that building's Internet is. Right now, the network segment has to be manually adjusted to the cloud DP but this new feature will help automate that.