JAMF pro 200 preparation

VikramVeeramani
New Contributor

I hope everyone is doing well!

I've been working in the IT help desk domain since 2020. I'd like to switch to endpoint management or JAMF Admin, and I intend to enroll JAMF 200 by the end of next month. However, before I do that, I need some Clarification on the following points.

1. What information is required of me previous to the course?

2. Will there be lab access? If so, for how long?

3. Will study materials be distributed?

4.Will the video recording be shared?

Kindly let me know if there is anything else I should know.

Thankyou all.

2 REPLIES 2

MusicCityMac
Contributor

@VikramVeeramani, if you've not taken the Jamf 100 course, it's recommended but not required. Once you've registered and begun the class, Jamf provides everything you need to take the course and it is accessible from your Jamf Account under Training --> Your Training. You have access to your training environment for one year from your course date, and no recordings of the training are allowed.

I hope that answers your questions; best of luck in your Jamf 200 Course and Exam!

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Jamf 200 is a weeklong bootcamp, which is the same as the Jamf 300 and 400. This differs from how the Jamf 100 is handled. You will spend the week going through the materials with the instructor while you are building up the Jamf instance. You will need a Mac and an iPhone to test what you are building. On the last day your access to the course instance is removed, and you get access to the test instance. You will have some scenarios to go through in the test instance, and they grade the instance itself.

1. What information is required of me previous to the course? You will need an unmanaged Mac and iOS/iPadOS device.

2. Will there be lab access? If so, for how long? You will get a Jamf instance for the duration of the course (4 days), and a second Jamf instance for the exam (this instance is what they grade). If I remember correctly, they reset the training instance and let you keep it for a while.

3. Will study materials be distributed? Jamf Training will email you the course materials a few weeks before the bootcamp. You will have access to the training materials for a while after the exam.

4.Will the video recording be shared? No