Jamf Pro 9.101.0 For Windows Link Broke

bgonzalez
New Contributor

When I try to download the Windows installer for 9.101.0, I get an XML page that says InternalError and nothing downloads.

9 REPLIES 9

rtschopp
New Contributor

Linux link is also broke!

tdurdan
New Contributor

Same here for Linux.

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

I'm seeing the same error for the Windows JSS download, and my JDS download links are completely missing.

938e7534702e4a6da606196c4028ddd2

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

worked fine for me earlier. maybe they fixed.

michael_devins
Contributor II
Contributor II

@bvrooman Thanks for the question. There is not a new JDS installer for 9.101 but that wasn't entirely clear. You can reference this post for additional details.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

FWIW, all the links seem to be working for me as of right now. Maybe it was fixed, but I was able to download the full Windows installer, the manual installation files and the Linux installer, just for kicks.

When we do our upgrade, I'll be using the manual files. If you're on Windows server, I highly recommend that route. The installer generally doesn't work that well on Windows.

dcgagne
Contributor

The last training in did in Minneapolis I asked about problems with updating windows and they mentioned they actually did a rewrite of the Windows installer in the last year or two and vastly improved it. Previously our group would only install updates manually, but the last few upgrades have gone off without a hitch using the installer.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@dcgagne Hmm, that's interesting, because back when I was upgrading to 9.99.0 just a few months ago, I had tried using the full installer on our dev server and it didn't go so well. In talking with my support person, he recommended not using the installer, but rather using the manual install process.
I suppose it's possible it depends on what version you're upgrading from. We were coming from 9.87, so a bit old. That may have had something to do with it. Maybe going from 9.99.0 to 9.101.0 will work better with the installer.

dcgagne
Contributor

@mm2270 That's the rub. Jumping from version A to version Y rather than X to Y is a crap shoot and you never know if it's going to sink you. For the time being we have done well with it as long as we kept up on software dependencies. New requirements for java, going from Tomcat 7 to 8, and jumping from MySQL 5.5 to 5.7, etc.

Knock on wood, haven't need to restore a snapshot yet.