Jamf Pro and Apple School Manager/Apple Classroom App

Brian_PS
New Contributor

I am very new to using Jamf Pro and Apple School Manager and inherited a system that, I am finding, is not always set up to work in the most efficient way. I am struggling right now with getting Classes set up appropriately in Apple School Manager and Jamf Pro so that some of my teachers can view and control their students iPads using the Apple Classroom App. I have looked at the training here but have found that I do not see some options (like setting class times) in my instance of Jamf Pro. There are just a few gaps that it is difficult to bridge. Teachers and Students all have managed Apple IDs. Teachers and students each have their own iPads, but they are not assigned to individual users in Jamf (but rather just in Prestage enrollments by grade). Any guidance will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

2 REPLIES 2

Fluffy
Contributor III

I don't have much experience with using Apple School Manager or Apple Classroom. But what I can tell you is a few things to check if you are missing options in Jamf Pro.

If you have a server on premises, you may have to update it. Looks like the latest version is 10.33.0. If your server is cloud based, it should be up to date automatically.

That's about the extent of what I can help with, as we have moved to Jamf School.

Fluffy
Contributor III

Although, if you would find it useful, I could run through our setup.