Jamf Pro and Apple Silicon support

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Now that Apple Silicon Macs are here:

10.25 offered support for Composer and Self Service as per the release notes: https://docs.jamf.com/10.25.0/jamf-pro/release-notes/What's_New.html

If you're in the 10.26 beta, you can easily join and read up on the release notes to see what's to come. I won't discuss that here.

I'm just wondering what Jamf is officially supporting as far as Apple Silicon goes:

• Does the Jamf binary install and run fine with during DEP enrollment?
  • Does Rosetta need to be installed in advance for Jamf enrollment to work?
  • Or is the Jamf installer taking care of detecting whether it's Apple Silicon and installing the appropriate version of Jamf?
4 REPLIES 4

dtommey
New Contributor III

In my testing on 10.25.1 I had to run the following command before enrolling for the Jamf binary to install successfully on Apple Silicon

sudo softwareupdate --install-rosetta

Whether or not this is the case with production hardware is yet to be determined

kwoodard
Contributor III

Any updates here? Having to run that script before anything else is kind of a handicap to no-touch deployments (or even a little bit of touching...)

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

@kwoodard 10.26 has been released and is supported natively on Apple Silicon.

ryan_schoeller
New Contributor II

I've been installing software manually on a test Apple Silicon and building new packages via Composer from it. Installing Rosetta 2 worked for me initially but many users started complaining that their first use (i.e. Zoom) of the software force recommended them to download and install a "better version" for Silicon machines.