Jamf Pro VPP Server Token Renewal

falbrecht
New Contributor III

Hi

We are running into issues installing app store apps and I think it's because our VPP server token has been revoked. I believe this token was set up in an old employee's account and I can't find where to get a new token to upload. I have checked our abm account and can't find it anywhere. I read on a Jamf post that VPP is no longer supported after January 2021? Is this the case? How can I go about installing app store apps with Jamf pro if so?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

You should be able to find the token in Apple Business Manager. What is often confusing is that they removed the separate VPP site and integrated it into Apple School/Business Manager and its now just titled "Apps and Books"

The tokens still exist and work, its just called something different now and there's not a separate VPP portal.

In ABM, it should be under Settings -> Apps and Books -> and then in the My Server Tokens portion of the page

View solution in original post

falbrecht
New Contributor III

So turns out since we are using Apple Business Essentials Beta the location is even more hidden than that. Found using this equally hard to find support article: https://support.apple.com/guide/apple-business-essentials/manage-server-tokens-axme0f8659ec/1/web/1....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

You should be able to find the token in Apple Business Manager. What is often confusing is that they removed the separate VPP site and integrated it into Apple School/Business Manager and its now just titled "Apps and Books"

The tokens still exist and work, its just called something different now and there's not a separate VPP portal.

In ABM, it should be under Settings -> Apps and Books -> and then in the My Server Tokens portion of the page

falbrecht
New Contributor III

So turns out since we are using Apple Business Essentials Beta the location is even more hidden than that. Found using this equally hard to find support article: https://support.apple.com/guide/apple-business-essentials/manage-server-tokens-axme0f8659ec/1/web/1....

pchimombe
New Contributor III

Thank you :)

Discher
New Contributor III

Download a VPP server token

1. In Apple School Manager, sign in with a user that has the role of Administrator or Content Manager.

2. Click your name at the bottom of the sidebar, click Preferences , then click Payments & Billing

3. Under My Server Tokens, click the token name where the MDM server is assigned.

4. Consult your MDM vendor’s documentation to upload the content token. 

Seems like not the most obvious place to find this token, most of the documentation I found just ran me in circles.  Thanks @falbrecht !

Yeah apple keeps updating the ASM/ABM website. Which is good but can be a pain to find the new location of things. Thanks for the update