Jamf Products for interactive show

michaelpdench
New Contributor

Hi Jamf Nation!

I am yet to become a consumer of Jamf products, but I'm excited about discovering which Jamf product(s) can best help me!

I am in the process of putting together an interactive, educational music show that can be presented in highschools in Australia. I want to use iPads as a resource for parts of the show.

Particularly, I'd like to create fully customisable 'game show' type quizzes and challenges, that will display the same multiple choice answers on each iPad, allowing students to select their response. Then, it'd be great to display those answers on a main screen and show the correct one, show each participant's score, etc. I'd also like to be able to control presentation slides, videos and other music/loop-based apps, and push their focus by controlling the navigation between apps simultaneously on all iPads. Furthermore, I'd like to control/automate other iOS devices to play audio clips when I need.

I've looked at a bunch of product videos on the incredible Casper Focus, but I'm not too sure that its capability also includes what I'd like from control apps/software.
I'm also aware that Kahoot online is a great resource for quizzes, with any kind of capable device... But this will be on set devices I supply, and I need the quizes to be completely bespoke and original, like everything else in the show.

Any help you can offer would be amazing! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Michael

3 REPLIES 3

wesleya
Contributor

One thing to keep in mind is that Jamf is deprecating Casper Focus. I see already on the App Store page they do not recommend it for iOS 9.3.2+ or JSS 9.96+. I am not sure what all the consequences are, but it is worth nothing. Basically, Jamf is letting Apple take the lead with Classroom.

Casper Focus
Apple Classroom

Anyway, it does sound like possibly Kahoot alone would do what you are hoping for. It's popular because it's really easy to get up and running, and still has quite a few features. If you need more bells and whistles, that's where Focus or Classroom would be most useful.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Yea, while jamf makes the best management suite in existance for these things, Kahoot will handle exactly what you're looking for. If you want something to receive, inventory, secure, deploy and manage a fleet of iPads then jamfPRO is for you. Mind you, you could use jamfPRO to deploy and manage Kahoot.

PAC
Contributor

Agree with @Chris_Hafner there will be some good educational apps that will do what you need. Jamf will not be the answer for this.
regards