Jamf Remote - What user does it use?

cscsit
New Contributor III

I'm trying to use Jamf Remote to do things like run software updates, screen sharing, etc and it keeps hanging on authentication. I'm assuming I need to allow a certain user (or group) in SSH. What user does Jamf use? Or, am I completely off base and something else is up?8c17b884644b48afac58142c119dd122

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mike_paul
Contributor III
Contributor III

Its attempting to ssh with the account you have specified as your management account either with imaging configurations or within your quickadd package. The account name would be listed under the computer record under the managed entry and will say "Managed by <account name>.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mike_paul
Contributor III
Contributor III

Its attempting to ssh with the account you have specified as your management account either with imaging configurations or within your quickadd package. The account name would be listed under the computer record under the managed entry and will say "Managed by <account name>.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

So when I encounter this, it's the rare situation where my management account credentials have some how gotten hosed. I end up changing management accounts (usually with a

sudo jamf enroll -prompt

and then once that is done, let JAMF delete the user with

jamf deleteAccount -username <management account username> -deleteHomeDirectory

After that, I'll re-enroll with my quick add package to get back to normal management. It's a PITA but it's about the cleanest way I've found to resolve that.

cscsit
New Contributor III

Thanks! I just added the account used to enroll it via a ARD and it worked! I'll create a script either in DeployStudio and/or in Jamf Pro for my other Macs and test, then deploy to the rest.