Jamf Return to Service Problems

BrandonAmos
New Contributor

When I run the application on the iPad, it will wipe and reconfigure itself fine with all of the applications but does not retain the name or the username/email. How do I get the username/email and the device name to stay the same on enrollment?

Ex. Name: iPad 1
username: name@yourcompany.com

When it wipes, the information above will be removed from Jamf Pro. How can I make it stay? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aderrick
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey Brandon,

First thing I would check is to see if your Jamf Pro is setup to retain that information in re-enrollment settings. This can be checked in Settings --> Global --> Re-enrollment

Note: I wouldn't go changing this immediately as you may have other workflows in place that require that information to be cleared.

A solution is to use Inventory Preload. Inventory Preload allows you to define that information for a device, and then once the device re-enrolls via automated device enrollment it will populate in the device record. 

More information on inventory preload here

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

aderrick
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey Brandon,

First thing I would check is to see if your Jamf Pro is setup to retain that information in re-enrollment settings. This can be checked in Settings --> Global --> Re-enrollment

Note: I wouldn't go changing this immediately as you may have other workflows in place that require that information to be cleared.

A solution is to use Inventory Preload. Inventory Preload allows you to define that information for a device, and then once the device re-enrolls via automated device enrollment it will populate in the device record. 

More information on inventory preload here

This worked! Thank you!

your welcome, I hope you enjoy the Return to Service app. Let me know if you need anything else. 
you can always find the latest RtS Guide at https://jamf.it/rtsapp-guide