Jamf says it is no longer available in Apple Store

avargas
New Contributor II

I have a Special Ed app called Co:Writer and the developer pulled it. We paid for a few licenses and they were a little pricey. Is there any way we can still push them out?

7 REPLIES 7

balexander667
New Contributor III

it's not the "Co:writer universal" app that's currently in the app store?

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Are you sure that the app was pulled? I recently had problems installing VPP apps I bought a while ago. The message was similar "not available in the App Store". After many trials, searches and investigations I noticed that the version in the App Store was higher than the version I had used when I bought the app. Updated the version in the app description and it nicely installed. So it is worth checking the version specified for the app...

Sichas
Contributor

Yeah check what @mschroder said because sometimes it's either Jamf Pro incorrectly reporting the removal, or something is just mismatched causing a lookup to fail. If the app developer truly did pull the app from the store though, then there is absolutely no way to still deploy the app (even though you purchased licenses) because the app will have nowhere to deploy from (the App Store) anymore.

avargas
New Contributor II

@balexander667 No the Universal version is free, while there was another a few months ago that we purchased for $34.99 a license.

@mschroder I checked on my personal device and the app does not pop up at all. I am assuming it has truly been pulled.

Sichas
Contributor

In that case then, looking like it has truly been pulled, then unfortunately the license can no longer be distributed and the app will no longer download. How long ago did you buy licenses? Maybe Apple would be willing to talk about refunds if it was just a couple weeks?

balexander667
New Contributor III

have you contacted the developer?

markcowell23
New Contributor

Contact the developer

CEO - bestwashingmachine.in