Jamf SCC Plug-in 3.70 - Invalid registration state: Error. Cannot continue.

ClientAdminNW
New Contributor II

While trying to send data from Jamf to SCCM, I am getting the following errors:

-  [ 5] ERROR Jamf.ProxyService.Plugins.SCCM.SccmReports - There was an unexpected error sending the device to SCCM.

- System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid registration state: Error. Cannot continue.

We are using version 3.70 of the plug-in and SCCM version is 2111

I have look through quite a few of the support articles and I am seeing various information, but none of them ever offer a solution and they just end.

When I use the Jamf SCCM Proxy Service Helper and try to just send one machine manually I get different error.

- [ 67] ERROR Jamf.ProxyService.Plugins.SCCM.Utilities.Certificates - There was an unexpected error sending the device to SCCM.

- System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid registration state: Error. Cannot continue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ClientAdminNW
New Contributor II

Sorry for not returning to this sooner. We resolved this by putting the plug-in on a separate server, originally it was hosted on the SCCM server. For what ever reason as soon as it was on its own box it started working right away.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rlindenmuth
New Contributor III

We've just configured the SCCM plug-in and we're seeing the same errors.  Did you find a fix for this problem?

If you are still having issues try running the plug-in on its own box, that's what resolved it for us.

ClientAdminNW
New Contributor II

We have not yet. I have been working with support for while and it is slow going. I will update once we figure something out.

carymyers
New Contributor

Was this issue resolved? If not please reply and i'll see if the fix that worked for us might help.

ClientAdminNW
New Contributor II

Sorry for not returning to this sooner. We resolved this by putting the plug-in on a separate server, originally it was hosted on the SCCM server. For what ever reason as soon as it was on its own box it started working right away.

Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly!  Happy to hear it worked out.

The issue in my environment was due to the isv proxy certs.  When we would renew our certs some of the devices would still be associated with the previous cert thumbprint.  It was a challenging to figure out we had to first make sure the old cert was fully removed from the database.  The we had to query another table to find the devices associated with the incorrect thumbprint and blow them away.  After all of that the devices would successfully synch :)