JAMF Still Checking in after Unenrolling?

CSHadmin
New Contributor

My company is making a switch from Jamf to a new MDM, and we are in the process of migrating them over. I have been unenrolling the laptops from Jamf first and then usually deleting the profile in the Jamf console. However, I found a few profiles in Jamf that I missed. Despite them being unenrolled on the device for over a week, they are still checking in with Jamf according to the console. How is this possible? How is the device still checking in when JAMF has been removed from the device? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@CSHadmin Unless you run the remove framework command on your Jamf Pro managed Macs in conjunction with the "Remove MDM Profile" command in Jamf Pro you're going to leave the Jamf agent active on those Macs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

how have you unenrolled the device? 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@CSHadmin Unless you run the remove framework command on your Jamf Pro managed Macs in conjunction with the "Remove MDM Profile" command in Jamf Pro you're going to leave the Jamf agent active on those Macs.

Does the same go for laptops that were wiped in order to remove the enrollment? And now that these devices no longer have Jamf installed on them, I cannot run the "Remove MDM Profile" command, is it just stuck checking in forever? Does deleting the device in Jamf Pro do anything for it?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

If you wiped a Mac then the MDM Profile is gone, no need to run the Remove MDM Profile command. Just be sure to change their MDM assignment in your ABM account so that the don't try and re-enroll with your Jamf Pro instance.

Good to know. Our ABM is already assigned to our new MDM. We have a mix of removable and non-removable profiles on devices. The non-removable ones I have just been wiping so it reenrolls in our new MDM, but the removable ones I have just been deleting the profile and manually enrolling in the new MDM via link. Will these just continue to check in to Jamf until they are wiped? Is there a way to remove the Jamf agent without sending a "Remove MDM Profile" command or running a remove framework command since it is now enrolled in our new MDM?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Running the command "sudo jamf removeFramework" on the Macs that have had the MDM Profile removed should do the trick.