jamfhelper........inactive buttons in message window

waqas
New Contributor III

Hi folks,

Looking for some guidance on this.

Here's my script that runs at every check-in, once a day.

button=$(/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -windowType hud -title "fun stuff" -icon /Library/Scripts/Adobe-IT.png -iconSize 225 -heading "Fun stuff" -description "Really cool things inside. Click continue to find out or Opt-out to not receive this anymore." -button1 "Continue" -defaultButton "1" -button2 "Opt-out")

if [ "$button" == "2" ]; then

open -n /Applications/Safari.app "http://www.google.com"
    echo "optout"

elif [ "$button" == "0" ]; then

open -n /Applications/Self Service.app
    echo "selfservice" 
fi

It's a jamfhelper window with a couple buttons to do the following actions:

if Continue clicked --> open Self service
if Opt-out clicked --> open safari and the URL

What I'm seeing is that on some macs, running Yosemite or Mavericks, the window appears but the buttons are inactive or they don't perform the intended actions. I had a few theories about this, one of which was using the logged in user instead of the management account. Didn't really solve the issue. Also, when opt-out is clicked, the logs show this error: Script result: 29:145: execution error: An error of type -10810 has occurred. (-10810) optout.
Is a "killall jamfHelper" required if the prompt is being presented multiple times and the user is canceling it. If so, should it be at the top or at the end of the script.

If anyone has come across this issue and would like to share your thoughts/suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

waqas
New Contributor III

Nevermind.

The issue turned out to be bash version on 10.9. A security update fixed it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

waqas
New Contributor III

Nevermind.

The issue turned out to be bash version on 10.9. A security update fixed it.