JamfHelper Stucks

alexmes
New Contributor

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/screenshot20120910at240.png/

I have a problem (again) When I try to restore my image to a 15 inch retina MBPro the "Creating jamHelper" stucks at this point (See link) The 13" MBPro runs good. The image is already copied, and I can boot the MBPro but Casper Imaging won't continue. I use Target Imageing Mode

Thanks in advance!

ps: Don't look to the imagename in the image, it's not correct!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Have you tried logging in and running Casper Imaging as root? I ran into an issue with 8.6 where the items that need to install at first boot don't get copied correctly. Support suggested running as root and it works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Have you tried logging in and running Casper Imaging as root? I ran into an issue with 8.6 where the items that need to install at first boot don't get copied correctly. Support suggested running as root and it works.

alexmes
New Contributor

I enabled the root account in OSX and tried it again, running the applications as root. Result is still the same. Problem only occurs with the MBPro 15" Retina. It stucks at Creating jamfHelper/Creating First Enroll Script.

EDIT: It is working now! I only run the App and didn't log in as root. After I did that it works like a charm! Thanks you very much! But it is still a bug in Casper Suite in my humble opinion...

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

JAMF has this marked as a defect (D-003076)

jbestine
New Contributor III

I thought this was going to be fixed in 8.6.2?

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

The issue I described above was fixed in 8.61 so perhaps it's something else?