Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Removing multiple fonts at once via scripting

I've been trying to figure this out but I am no scripting guru so I'll just explain the goal and hope someone knows alot more than me! We've gotten a request to remove literally 200+ fonts from every system in 3 different labs. I am trying to write a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD - Automatic Login

Hi everyone, We have NoMAD running in our environment. Currently whenever a machine finishes DEP, we have to launch NoMAD from Applications, then login with the user's credentials. For new users, their local account credentials match their credential...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upload from Managed app to Safari

Hey everyone, hoping this will make sense because it's driving me nuts. Essentially I have OneDrive installed as a managed app. I'm trying to upload to a website from the Files app, but OneDrive (because it's installed as managed) does not show up fo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 - lockout nightmare

Hi all, Apart from giving up on FileVault 2 for High Sierra, I've been testing it in Sierra 10.12.6 with success. Unfortunately I deployed it via Policy to a local Lab (24 iMac's) which students use (mobile AD accounts). 4 of them have logged in, kic...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV single App mode

I am looking into using Jamf to manage multiple TV in a education/healthcare settings. I know that I can setup my AppleTV with DEP and Jamf management. Is it possible to have my single app mode play powerpoint show and/or videos. I want varius member...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Portable Home Directory workaround

Hello Jamf Friends,I am working on a new directory environment using Open Directory on Mac OS server with Jamf to bind clients, I am doing this because we are decommissioning our old Active Directory server in the months ahead. Currently I have netwo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management for Adobe Air

Hello from Texas, I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere else. I am in need of some guidance/help concerning packing and patching management of AirAdobe Air. I am new to packaging in general, and Adobe Air seems to be one of the onl...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove all apps with no scope? - Apps duplicated

We have it enabled so mobile apps auto populate after purchasing. At some point the server reimported all the mobile device apps, not once but three times. Now I have 1,100 apps in the catalog. Anyone have a script to pull all apps with no scope and ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Staff Buy In

Does anyone have any sample emails or letters that were given to staff when they implemented JAMF? I work at a University and the Apple ecosystem has been like the wild, wild west. Now that we're going to be managing Macs the way we manage PCs we wan...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSx configuration Issue

When using Jamf Imaging to push a configuration down to a computer, we are seeing that across different models that it is acting like everything is working but the computers are not being configured. The process that we use is to boot to a USB drive ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost Apple ID

Hi Guys, Just a query I have inherited Jamf Now portal for our company as the last administrator had moved on however, I have been trying to log into different portals to perform tasks such as remove devices from apple.deploy.com or renew APP certifi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store Apps not installing

We have a new iMac Pro running 10.13.5 that was onboarded using DEP/Jamf and we wanted to install Final Cut Pro, here are the steps we followed:- We purchased Final Cut Pro using the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)- The App shows up in Jamf since...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Easy way to find Open Directory users?

We're trying to migrate away from Open Directory in our organization. We've already begun this by not binding any newly deployed computers to OD, but still have several that have already been deployed. What would be a good way to identify what comput...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NTP set to loopback?

I'm going through our PCI audit results and one of the things I need to look into is setting up the NTP being configured to loopback. This strikes me as being bad for AD enabled machines and the time drift, or am I not understanding what setting it t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

UAMDM status incorrect

Any thoughts on why the "User Approved MDM" status reported in JAMF 10.4.1 might be "No", even though the MDM profile has been approved? I even checked DerFlounder's extension attribute for UAMDM status (for those of us who didn't wait for JAMF 10.3)...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reinstall a clean macOS with One Button

Hi Admins, we are testing the https://www.jamf.com/blog/reinstall-a-clean-macos-with-one-button/ After the process and we decided to leave the install macOS High Sierra.app in /Applications? How does one protect the user from clicking/running it? Is ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Change Password for Keychain "login" greyed out

Have have been testing the removal of admin rights for some of the users in our environment running on MacOS. One issues that has come up is the ability to change the password for Keychain "login". For a standard user that options is greyed out. If w...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

User initiated enrollment behind corporate proxy

Hello everyone, I am new to jamf, and I am seeing an issue during the user enrollment process for macOS. I am using the hosted version of jamf. When I am outside of my corporate network, enrollment works fine, and the jamf binary gets installed.When ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups based on patch reporting messed up?

I'm seeing all my smart groups based on comparing patch reporting versions as messed up.Anyone else having issues?It seems like the logic to evaluate the version is somehow flawed causing either incorrect results in my smart groups or no members at a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra --eraseinstall

I am in the process of using the --eraseinstall switch with starttoinstall as documented here: https://www.jamf.com/blog/reinstall-a-clean-macos-with-one-button/ I use the suggested switches "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resou...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lab policies

I have 5 different iMac labs for students at our university. Organisation wise it looks like this: Music labs Music Lab 1 Music Lab 2 Media labs Media Lab 1Media Lab 2 Media Lab 3 Some software applies to all labs. Some software only applies to all M...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors