Jamfhelper window won't load icon in Ventura 13.0.1

skythrock
New Contributor III

Having a bit of a weird issue. So I have this script that pops a notification box open on check-in, and it's working fine, except that it won't display the branding icon in the box. It's probably easier to show than to tell, so see below (executing this script in macOS Ventura 13.0.1):

jamfHelper="/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper"
windowType="hud"
description="Insert description here (edited for the sake of this forum post)"
icon="~/Library/Application\ Support/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac/Documents/Images/brandingimage.png" #this path is accurate
title="macOS Update Required"
alignDescription="left" 
alignHeading="center"
button1="OK"
timeout="600"

window=$("$jamfHelper" -windowType "$windowType" -lockHUD -title "$title" -timeout "$timeout" -icon "$icon" -description "$description" -alignDescription "$alignDescription" -alignHeading "$alignHeading" -button1 "$button1")

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 15.12.06.png

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

skythrock
New Contributor III

Nice, thanks for this! I ended up combining yours and @YanW's suggestions. This syntax gave me the result I was looking for:

icon="Users/$loggedInUser/Library/Application Support/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac/Documents/Images/brandingimage.png"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tapia
New Contributor III

In my experience, Jamf doesn't like the current user being represented by ~

I would change this to a variable. something like...

currentUser=`/bin/ls -l /dev/console | /usr/bin/awk '{ print $3 }'`

icon="$currentUser/Library/Application\ Support/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac/Documents/Images/brandingimage.png" #this path is accurate

Hopefully this helps. 

skythrock
New Contributor III

Nice, thanks for this! I ended up combining yours and @YanW's suggestions. This syntax gave me the result I was looking for:

icon="Users/$loggedInUser/Library/Application Support/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac/Documents/Images/brandingimage.png"

YanW
Contributor III

maybe try either removing the \ between Application Support or the ""

scottb
Honored Contributor

Yeah, one or the other there...I've had that cause troubles with some items over the years...

skythrock
New Contributor III

Thanks for this tip!