JamfPro Removes Configuration Profile in User

foreverkan
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

We are adding Active directory certificate for users. But sometimes jamf remove the configuration profile automaticly. Why does JamfPro do that?

6 REPLIES 6

foreverkan
New Contributor III

@foreverkan wrote:

Hello Everyone,

We are adding Active directory certificate for users. But sometimes jamf remove the configuration profile automaticly. Why does JamfPro do that?

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 16.52.52.png

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

Like with Jamf policies, configuration profiles require you to set the scope for deployment. If you are using groups for scoping profiles, the affected computers may have been removed from the group that this profile is scoped to. That would trigger an automatic removal of the profile. How is this profile scoped?

I couldn't explain it fully. There are no problems with the profiles I distribute via Jamf. The problem occurs after I send the profile via jamf. Certificates previously added by the user are deleted on the device.

I'm confused. The screenshot you added to this thread showed Jamf Pro removing a certificate called "AD Sertifika". Your users are manually installing certificates?

Yes, you are right. Users install the certificate. It's Active Directory certificates, when they install the cert. it asks username and password. is it wrong?

Why aren't you using Jamf Pro for that? I distribute a lot of certificates through Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro wouldn't remove a certificate that it didn't install.