JDS 9.31 Linux installer getting stuck

nixonc85
New Contributor III

Has anyone else noticed that the 9.31 JDS Linux installer gets stuck at 'creating JDS directory structure'?

# ./JDS-Linux-Installer-9.31.run Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing JDS Installer..........
Starting the JDS Installation
Checking installation requirements...
Checking for a supported Linux OS...Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.4 found
Checking for a 64-bit OS...OK
Passed all requirements checking!
Creating JDS directory structure

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Josh_S
Contributor III

How long did you let it sit there? I recall it taking significantly longer to install than previous versions, but it eventually finished. I'm not sure, but from my experience installing on test systems with very few packages and machines with many packages (Adobe CC), it appears like it might be doing some file checking during install. Installations with many packages seemed to take much longer.

Edit: Actually, looking through the installer and where that message gets displayed, my assumption is incorrect. But it does run:

yum update --assumeyes

Maybe try running this manually to see if something is hanging it up?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Josh_S
Contributor III

How long did you let it sit there? I recall it taking significantly longer to install than previous versions, but it eventually finished. I'm not sure, but from my experience installing on test systems with very few packages and machines with many packages (Adobe CC), it appears like it might be doing some file checking during install. Installations with many packages seemed to take much longer.

Edit: Actually, looking through the installer and where that message gets displayed, my assumption is incorrect. But it does run:

yum update --assumeyes

Maybe try running this manually to see if something is hanging it up?

nixonc85
New Contributor III

I left it for about 30 minutes before giving up. I worked around by installing 9.3 first and then running the 9.31 installer which worked.

nixonc85
New Contributor III

So looking at the jdsinstaller.log it looks like right after the 'Creating JDS directory structure' message it runs a 'yum update' which if there are a bunch of packages to be updated will take some time. This worries me though because surely it isnt the job of the JDS installer to update unrelated packages...

EDIT - looks as though the yum update command is new to the 9.31 installer when compared to the 9.3 install.