JDS and Server 5

willpolley
New Contributor III

Do not update to Server 5 if it hosts a JDS instance.

The config for the web server on Server 5 has changed in a way that causes JDS to no longer install.

Tell your friends.

4 REPLIES 4

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @willpolley ,

We are aware of this issue and have it filed as a defect under D-009587.

This thread has some ideas for workarounds to the issue, if you haven't yet found a solution for your environment.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with your Technical Account Manager so they can assist; you can do this by either giving us a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com (it will go directly to your TAM's case queue), or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda
JAMF Software Support

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @willpolley ,

We now have a KB up on JAMF Nation that will walk you through the steps to get a JDS working with Server 5.0.

Troubleshooting JAMF Distribution Server (JDS) Issues on Computers with OS X Server v5.0 Installed

If you're still running into problems with the JDS and Server 5.0, please check out the above KB; if there are still issues after going through those steps, please get in touch with your Technical Account Manager by giving them a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

willpolley
New Contributor III

@amanda.wulff

Any update on an actual fix?

JCMBowman
New Contributor III

I, too, would be interested to know if there is a fix for this.

Specifically - how do we upgrade the JDS on a server that has has already been updated to Server 5.0.x and the workaround applied? The JDS installer app does not work for the upgrade process.