JDS Replication always asking for "webDavReadUsername" password

Eigger
Contributor III

We recently migrated our JSS server (9.61) to a beefier 2009 Mac Pro as the previous server is choking! We have a Mac Mini as a Parent JDS. Then all weird things started happening. For some reason, I cannot replicate the JDS anymore from the Casper Admin, its always asking for webDavReadUsername password. We tried reissuing ssl and restart tomcat, didnt work. Tried changing the Username and revert it back to generate random password, didnt work, change the password, didnt work, de commission the Mac Mini as the Parent, moved the JDS to where the JSS lives, reinstall JDS, didnt work. Upgraded JSS and JDS to 9.63, didnt work. 1 week has gone, 4 Jamf Techs looked and still working on it, still no resolution. So, I figure I ask the Nation...Any Idea's?

2 REPLIES 2

ytalha
New Contributor II

Were you able to resolve this issue, we also don't have record of our ebDavReadUsername after the deployment and the only time, I'm able to work on Casper is when the technician is not free.

Eigger
Contributor III

@Yassine, No resolution yet, but was able to fix it the long way, I selected my other JDS instance that have the complete list of packages as the Root JDS. I removed the Original Root JDS from JSS, Uninstalling the JDS didnt fix it, so I reformat the JDS machine (Mac Mini) clean install Yosemite, reinstall Server app, upgrade OS X, then finally reinstall JDS. After it finish replication, I selected it back to be the Root JDS.