JDS Replication error due to password mismatch

thanzig
New Contributor II

Hi all, we had a jumpstart about a year ago where we set up and generated the casperinstall and casperread user accounts that people typically use with their File Distribution Points and JDS instances. Those passwords were not kept and have since been changed. I think this is causing problems for me.

I have my Master Distribution point and JDS instance set up correctly (I believe so) but when I go to replicate and get prompted for authentication, it will not accept the casperinstall or casperread user/password.

Console log gives me a very specific error: mod_auth_apple: User casperinstall: authentication failure for "/CasperShareDAV": Password mismatch according to htaccess file

I believe the old casperinstall user/passwords that we created in the jumpstart are being held somewhere but I am not sure how to tackle it. I don't want to go poking around the apache config files. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on how I can flush the old user/psswd info?

casperinstall and casperread both exist on my OS X Server with correct R/W permissions.

1 REPLY 1

thanzig
New Contributor II

Of interesting note,I just discovered that if I put in a garbage password, the dialog box shakes at me. If I put in the correct password in, thats when I get the error saying it can't mount the CasperShareDAV. So it looks like it may not be a password issue but some other error. I think it is on the OS X Server Websites.