JNUC 2016 Status

deanhager
New Contributor III

A quick note to encourage you on JNUC activity. I’m sure you’ve seen that JNUC sessions have started to post. Although we are not officially announcing new product yet, from the session titles, you can guess where we have focused our development efforts: Patch Management; School Manager & Classroom; JAMF Cloud; JAMF Nation Tools; Self-Service; etc. And those are just the JAMF-led sessions (so far). The community-led sessions are looking awesome too!

I’m writing to let you know that our efforts in these areas (and more to come) are not insignificant. I promised you more functional content than you’ve received from JAMF in years, and you will see it all at JNUC -- including hopefully a record number of feature requests.

I’m writing to give you a heads-up that when you see some of the session titles — like Self Service for example — don’t expect a small feature or two… but something a bit more impactful. I typically prefer to lower expectations and over-deliver. But in this case, I want to make sure people don’t miss out on an opportunity to really improve your overall product experience -- for both you and your users. I’m taking a risk in purposely raising your expectations a bit :) In the world of tech, the future is always unpredictable, so I'm hoping I don't regret it :) With that said, given that we have double the engineers we had a year ago, I'm confident you will see substantial feature progress.

So far, we have over 400 people registered for JNUC 2016, which is actually a bit ahead of the pace we were on last year -- both education and commercial attendees. That means some of the best hotel choices are starting to fill up. While the current early bird prices remain until July 13, I encourage you to register as soon as you can… AND tell us what sessions you plan to attend on our sessions page.

Can’t wait to see you all there. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

davidhiggs
Contributor III

I'm looking forward to Self Service the most, Security is a nice bonus too!

tomt
Valued Contributor

Can we maybe just get Sites to function like, I don't know, sites?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

While JAMF doesn't have anything specific around Sites yet on the JNUC agenda, I'm pretty sure we will begin to see some big enhancements to Sites this year. It could just be that Sites isn't really as "sexy" as Patch Management, revamped Self Service and so on. If you think about it, though its an important feature, Sites is more organizational in nature than the others. That doesn't mean JAMF has forgotten about it however.

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

sites coming soon in 2021

betty02
New Contributor II

If only IBM would pay for me to go to America for JNUC!!!