JNUC 2020 Capacity

dng2000
Contributor II

Let's see, what's the most appropriate emoji for this? Oh, yes: 😡

So what's the limit here? I'm a bit surprised considering this is online. Hopefully, of course, all sessions are recorded for all registered attendees to view later.
d882de1406584cd6ae8740411eed3559

8 REPLIES 8

_andrea
New Contributor II

same here..... C'MON!!!!!

gotshallmaxon
New Contributor II

Also since many sessions are pre-recorded...

mdonovan
New Contributor III

I dragged myself out of bed at 3am NZT to get this...

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yeah, that screen was most unwelcome today and I saw it more than once. I saw it on exactly that same session, so apparently it was wildly popular.
It's not as if we were all streaming our camera output to each other like in a Zoom or Teams meeting. It was one presentation and slides. Why was there a limit, and what was it just out of curiosity?

patgmac
Contributor III

Are you seeing these messages for sessions or interactive labs? The screen shot is for an interactive lab, which has a 200 person limit. The labs make use of VPN and VNC to connect to systems at MacStadium, so I can see they they would have a limit.

But if this is regular sessions as well...

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@patgmac Ah, that might be it. Makes sense if so. I only saw it on certain sessions and they may have been the interactive ones.
Thanks for that info.

patgmac
Contributor III

My feedback is going to suggest that the first 200 get a VM to play along with....the rest should be able to watch and not participate.

mvanoverdijk
New Contributor

@patgmac Agreed, I was looking forward to this specific lab.