JNUC Run Club 5K

cam
Contributor

Last year there was some interest in doing something active during the JNUC, and a few of us thought a group run might be fun. This won't be an official JAMF event, just a group of sysadmins going for a morning run!

Route: There's a loop that's a little over 5K along the Mississippi river that goes through the UMN campus, across the Stone Arch Bridge, and has a great view of St. Anthony Falls. It's a nice paved trail run with a small hill and options to go shorter or farther. The plan is to keep it completely informal and easy. It should be a chance to meet a few other runners and get a good view of Mpls in the morning. There are even a few Stava segments along the way if that's your thing!

When: Wednesday, October 24, 2012: 7:00 a.m.
Where: Start/finish at the main Guthrie entrance.
Weather: Morning temps should be 32-40F (0-4C), so make sure to bring the right gear. One of us will go no matter what: rain or shine (or snow). Hey, it's MN and this is what we do!
Registration: Just show up. (But if you're interested, you can let us know here. We'll organize everything in this thread.)

The Wednesday keynote starts at 9:00 a.m., so there should be time afterward to get to the hotels, cleaned up, and back to the Guthrie before the keynote starts. Everyone is welcome, and hope to see you there!
cam

22 REPLIES 22

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

In 2004 I ran all 5 NYC Half Marathons to qualify for the 2005 NYC Marathon.

I chickened out and now, 60 pounds heavier, all I think about is bacon.

(and extra large JNUC t-shirts)

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Perhaps a stop in Des Moines is on tap for you @Don:

https://www.facebook.com/BRBaconFest

justinrummel
Contributor III

sweet! I'm in!

Michael_Meyers
Contributor

Sounds good! I'm in! I'm not a fast runner, but I have run the trail behind the Guthrie and over the Stone Bridge. Very cool scenery! I'll probably run Tuesday and Thursday morn too...well, depending on how much I drink on Wednesday night! Lol!

kyle_appel
New Contributor II

Count me in!

John_Sutcliffe
New Contributor III

I'm going to try and make it, if the traffic Gods cooperate.

Andrina
Contributor
Contributor

Assuming the current running induced injury plays nice I'll see you there...

seankaiser
New Contributor III

Count me in as well. Wanted to get an outdoor run in while in Minneapolis, and this'll fit the bill. I'm also not a fast runner (35:00-36:00 for a 5k), but that won't keep me from enjoying this run.

nsdjoe
Contributor II

Sounds great! I'll plan to join you guys...depending on how late I stay out Tuesday night. :)

eklobucher
New Contributor

Count me in! JAMF Running

john_miller
Contributor

Looking forward to it. Sounds like a lot of fun.

cam
Contributor

Forecast is for 56F (13C) and no rain tomorrow morning. Perfect running weather; see you there!

eric_krause
New Contributor
New Contributor

Count me in. I am looking forward to it.

seankaiser
New Contributor III

I'm going to have to bow out. I did something to my knee today and I'm scheduled to run an actual/official 5k on Saturday with my 5 yr old, so I'd rather not risk not being able to run with him.

cam
Contributor

Great run this morning with the JNUC Run Club, and thanks to everyone who was there!

Just for the record book we had 9 people (Sean, Chris, Kelly, Adam, Don, Eric, John, Kyle, and Cam). Weather was 58F and cloudy. The perfect start to Day 2!

justinrummel
Contributor III

Wish I could have been there!

smalleyda
New Contributor

Thanks for getting this organized, Cam. It was great way to start the day. I enjoyed running and talking with you.

kkinsella
New Contributor

Great run! Can't wait to do it again next year.

cam
Contributor

Michael_Meyers
Contributor

Any word on a 5k for 2015?

cam
Contributor

Yes! It was just posted, and you can find all the JNUC 2015 Mini Events here:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/jnucEvents.html?type=mini