Office 2016 Chrome/Safari Add-in or Extension for Sharepoint

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm having some issues editing in word/excel on sharepoint with the new office 2016. Does anyone know if there is an add-in or extension that is needed? I don't see anything in Safari or Chrome.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Aziz
Valued Contributor

I don't think there's an add-on, it should just work with Office 2016. I tested this with our test Sharepoint 2013 site and Office 2016. I'll test it again on Monday with our Sharepoint 2013 production website to see if that works.

What version of Sharepoint are you on?

rqomsiya
Contributor III

I'm having an issue editing in "excel" or any other Office App.

I get the below error (see pic)5ad301adc5004758a2dfc7f9e0e8de23

rqomsiya
Contributor III

I see this in both Safari and Chrome (running 10.10.4)

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@rqomsiya hmm... I think that's normal unless connecting to SharePoint using IE 32Bit with Office installed as the mechanism is ActiveX based.

chisox1
New Contributor

Did anyone figure anything out on this? We are testing office 2016 in our environment and have come across this error on half of our pilot users.

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@chisox1

What version of Sharepoint are you using? I just tested this on OS X 10.10.5 and Sharepoint 2013. I clicked on "Open in Excel" and was able to edit fine and upload my changes.

The only issues is with the Office 2016 splash pages, they have to be disabled for this to work the first time. Otherwise you will have to go through the first run, then open the file again through Sharepoint.

rqomsiya
Contributor III

We're running Sharepoint 2010. We didn't see this issue with Office 2011.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@rqomsiya we're not seeing this on any of our 2010 or 2013 farms.

Can you screen shot the button you're clicking to get the error?