JSS 9.24 & AD Mobile accounts

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

I noticed this at the very end of the Release notes and it's very concerning to me.

"An error is displayed if a user logs in to a managed computer with a mobile account and the computer
is bound to Active Directory, and the login takes several minutes."

This would destroy me, is this 100% across the board for all Mobile Accounts that are bound to AD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eleven
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

This has now been removed from the Casper Suite 9.3 release notes as a Known Issue.

We found that the 'Updating managed settings...' message that had been present when logging into an MDM Managed machine when the MDM server is unreachable is no longer present as of the release of 10.9.2.

We filed a RADAR with Apple based on this behavior present in 10.9 and 10.9.1 and did receive confirmation that the behavior has been addressed with the release of 10.9.2.

If you find differently please contact your Account Manager, though we have confirmed Apple’s change as of 10.9.2 as well.

Thanks!

Eric

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

corbinmharris
Contributor

We bind using Centrify and I have not noticed this issue. We have been seeing folks getting easily locked out of their accounts or Wifi for no clear reason after upgrading to Mavericks. Hope 10.9.2 resolves these issues.

RonS
New Contributor

I would like to inquire about this also. I was planning on updating from 9.21 but after seeing this thread I am debating on waiting for a later version of the JSS as we don't seem to be having any issues right now.

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

I suppose we will wait until someone makes the dive or a Jamf employee can grant me confidence.

RonS
New Contributor

I wonder if this is referring to the Mavericks MDM issue found in this discussion

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=8777

There's a fix listed at the end of the thread

rcorbin
Contributor II

Was this in the release notes in 9.22 ? I've been kind of holding off on upgrading to 9.23 or 9.24 and this posting doesn't give me any confidence.

RonS
New Contributor

Looks like the 9.22 release notes said the same thing

http://resources.jamfsoftware.com/archive/Casper_Suite_9.22_Release_Notes.pdf

psliequ
Contributor III

In doing a 9.2.4 deployment recently I found that the issue has to do with whether or not you have the 'attempt to mount user's network home on login' checkbox checked off in the AD plugin. With it checked, login times out with a generic message about the user 'not being able to log in at this time.' Unchecking it and mounting the user's home via Casper policy was our workaround in that case. Tested against 10.9.1 so far.

eleven
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

This has now been removed from the Casper Suite 9.3 release notes as a Known Issue.

We found that the 'Updating managed settings...' message that had been present when logging into an MDM Managed machine when the MDM server is unreachable is no longer present as of the release of 10.9.2.

We filed a RADAR with Apple based on this behavior present in 10.9 and 10.9.1 and did receive confirmation that the behavior has been addressed with the release of 10.9.2.

If you find differently please contact your Account Manager, though we have confirmed Apple’s change as of 10.9.2 as well.

Thanks!

Eric

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

My two cents, we are on 9.23 and using the native AD bind, and we do not see these login issues on any OS version. I'm not sure what is at play here, but we are not using MDM, MCX, or configurations through Casper.

geoffreykobrien
Contributor

We are using 9.23 with MDM and MCX and are not seeing these issues with the native bind.