JSS 9.32

Archer
New Contributor

First time using the PreStage feature of the JSS (9.32)
I'm able to netboot and use Casper Image to push the PreStage Build.

I'm having an issue with enrollment and management.
After the process completes the computer shows as unmanaged in the JSS. If I "jamf manage" it says there are no valid credentials to enroll.

I tried a quick add package that installs after reboot post build and I still had to manually enroll it with the "jamf manage" command. Im guessing a quick add package is needed so the caspercontrol account is added. But it seems im getting something wrong. First time I added the package to the build... didn't work. Next time I used composer thinking it had to be automated. Still didnt work with out manual intervention.

Guys, what am I missing here...
Thanks,
-Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@Archer In your Pre-stage you want to choose a configuration on the Install "tab" to put on the machine. So you will create a configuration in Casper Admin, and then in the JSS choose that configuration in the Pre-Stage Imaging configuration.

Make sense?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Open Casper Admin. Double-click on the name of the Configuration you have set for PreStage. Select the Management tab and review what you've entered there. You'll want the account fields completed. I don't know if it's an issue today, but back in version 7 I had trouble with a management account password that had I purposely used a wide mix of special characters and over 16 characters. Try a simple password and see if that helps.

Once you have the Configuration set with working Management account, you should not need to include a QuickAdd package in the Configuration.

Archer
New Contributor

I created the PreStage directly from the JSS and used the computers serial with the image automatically option.

When I check in casper admin I don't see the PreStage I created. Only the build configurations I have for re-imaging.
I know what you mean with the management tab. All my configs have it set in casper image.

PreStage only give me an option to create local accounts. I used it to make the local admin for the machine.
It doesn't have anything for the management/control account.

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@Archer In your Pre-stage you want to choose a configuration on the Install "tab" to put on the machine. So you will create a configuration in Casper Admin, and then in the JSS choose that configuration in the Pre-Stage Imaging configuration.

Make sense?

drew_duggan
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Do you see any different behavior if you remove the QuickAdd Package from the configuration? By default, you should see the account and enrollment process triggered by the imaging process itself (assuming you have that included in your configuration and PreStage setup), and there are typically issues when a QuickAdd Package is included in the configuration.

Archer
New Contributor

@stevewood... makes total sense lol. Cant believe I didn't catch that!!
Thanks, everyone!