JSS 9.61 - AD Binding no longer working

david_yenzer
Contributor II

There was a similar-sounding issue for folks that have upgraded to 9.65, but that issue appears to involve $ signs in passwords.

Basically our AD binding policy that has been working flawlesssly for three years just went kaput. We're on 9.61 and have had the binding fail on five machines so far (all in one location). Rebooted servers and laptops, recreated the binding, the log doesn't show an attempt to run the policy. Doesn't work on Mavs or Yosemite. Tried running the policy as a different user. Ideas?

I suppose we could upgrade, but we were fine on 9.61 for now.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david_yenzer
Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve. I attempted that and after adding sudo got the reuply "No policies were found for the ID".

However, I poked around some more and realized I had previously recreated the AD binding for testing, but I had not recreated the policy that called the AD binding. Once I did that, it worked on three machines. So it appears the policy corrupted!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@david.yenzer have you tried running the policy manually from the machine? If so, what error do you receive? Try running the policy from a machine that is unbound via Terminal:

jamf policy -id <id of bind policy>

Caitlin_H
New Contributor III

@david.yenzer It's not just the @ it's also : , ! , $ , and &

The defect number is: D-008366

Not sure if that helps!

david_yenzer
Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve. I attempted that and after adding sudo got the reuply "No policies were found for the ID".

However, I poked around some more and realized I had previously recreated the AD binding for testing, but I had not recreated the policy that called the AD binding. Once I did that, it worked on three machines. So it appears the policy corrupted!