JSS and deploy.apple.com Don't Match

philhavens
New Contributor

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue that I'm having.

I've gone through and added all of our order numbers into our Device Enrollment Program on deploy.apple.com. The number of assigned devices to our JSS is 1039.

However, when looking at the JSS our Main DEP instance under Settings > Global Management only shows 39 devices assigned.

Anyone else seeing this mismatch? Originally, our JSS did show all 1039 devices, but I clicked the refresh button on the Devices tab of our Main DEP instance and when the device list refreshed, it only showed 39. It's now missing the other 1000 devices.

12 REPLIES 12

bcourtade
New Contributor III

Just got mine set up today and I'm seeing the same thing. 1566 in the DEP portal and only 566 in the JSS. Looks like it is possibly chopping off an even 1000?

philhavens
New Contributor

Well that's nice to know that someone else is in the same boat! I have a ticket into JAMF Support about this. I'll send them this info as well. Probably helps in debugging to find that 1000 issue!

Thanks!

EightQuarterBit
New Contributor III

Yea, we're seeing the same thing. We've got ~3200 devices in DEP and we had anywhere between 300 and 900 showing up in the JSS. The number of DEP-tied devices reported in the JSS fluctuated constantly (both increasing and decreasing) as I was adding order numbers to the DEP. I let it sit for a day or two to see if it was just load on Apple's servers or something. No dice. So I figured I'd remove the DEP config from the JSS and then re-add it, to see if it would pull in everything. No go. I added two more orders to the DEP this morning and now JSS is only seeing those two recent orders and all the other devices are missing.

My guess is it's only pulling in the most recently added items from DEP, and rather than appending them to the existing items in the JSS it's replacing the entire list with the diff from DEP.

philhavens
New Contributor

JAMF development has filed this as a defect (D-006650) and are seeing the same issues as we are in their test environments. I've been working with them through support channels. A fix is in the works but I do not know what any timelines are.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi,
I am waiting for our enrollment to come through from Apple, but I have a couple questions:
Did all of you use Order Numbers to add devices to the program?
If so, What happens to devices that were whole unit replaced? Do the replacement devices get included in your enrollment?

I was thinking about using the option to upload a list that I've downloaded from my JSS. This is more timely, but then
in the future how would I add devices when they are once more Whole Unit Replaced by Apple?
Sandy

avenegas
New Contributor

Same issue here so far we have 1602 devices in the DEP but I can only see 602. I have only seen serial numbers belonging to the original orders and not the iPads that have been replaced by Apple care. I already have a call into our apple engineer to find out how we can get the exchanged serial numbers to show up.

philhavens
New Contributor

Hi @avenegas, I'm not sure about the Apple Care replacements, that's a good question. From my understanding of how my Apple Engineer explained it, they probably wouldn't show. I didn't check that on the iPads that we had replaced. But as far as the missing 1000 devices, JAMF is working on the fix for that. I'm just not sure of the release time frame yet.

eanderson
New Contributor

I'm seeing the same issue. About 2,000 devices in DEP, but only 943 in JSS. Hoping this defect gets addressed quickly!

btaitt
Contributor

Just to add to the chorus, we are having the same thing. We have over 6,000 devices in the DEP portal but only 17 (!!) show up in the JSS under Global Management>Device Enrollment Program.

musat
Contributor III

Thought I'd add my info as well: 4653 showing in DEP, 653 showing in JSS. It's like the results come on 1000 per page and the JSS is only getting the last page.

Is this a JSS error, or DEP? In other words, are we waiting for JAMF to fix something? Or Apple?

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @musat ,

We do have an open defect for this issue (D-006650) at the moment, as @mastcharter mentioned a few posts up in the thread.

It looks like it’s set to be fixed in 9.31 but, as always, please check the release notes for 9.31 to see that it’s in there as fixed.

At this time, we don’t have an ETA for when 9.31 will come out, but it should be sometime soon.

If you have additional questions or concerns regarding D-006650, please feel free to give us a call or reach out to your Technical Account Manager either by phone, by sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support option on JAMF Nation.

Thanks!

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

avenegas
New Contributor

Good News

The update to 9.31 fixed the issue now we just need apple to include the iPad's they have replaced under apple care to show up in DEP.