JSS Database Utility: Change MySQL Settings greyed out

HenryOzsoy
New Contributor III

Im running JSS on a Windows platform and within the JSS Database Utility the Change MySQL Settings greyed out under the utilities drop down menu. I researched and have seen a solution for mac hosted environments but was unable to find one for Windows. Has anyone been able to resolve this or is this a matter of the Utility version and MySQL version being a mismatch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

Henry,

For me to disable strict mode in the ini file. I just put a # in front of the string to comment it out. I didn't remove anything from the string.

Additional did you copy the my.ini from the ProgramData folder to Program files and restart MySQL?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Is your MySQL installation dir in the Windows PATH variable? What version of the JSS are you running? What versions of MySQL and Java?

HenryOzsoy
New Contributor III

MySQL is installed under C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.6. MySQL version 5.6.26, JSS 9.73 and Java SDK 8.51

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

I've had this issue a while ago. As I recall from my experience.... With MySQL 5.6 best practice is to make sure StrictTables are disabled. Which should be in your my.ini file. I believe it is located by default in c:ProgramDataMySQLMySQL Server 5.6.

After editing your my.ini I copied it to the MYSQL directory in program files, confirm the MySQL variable in Windows path environmental variable and restarted MySQL and that fixed the issue for me.

Granted this was a while ago but I am 95% sure that is how we resolved the issue.

HenryOzsoy
New Contributor III

Hi,

I did the following in my.ini

Set the SQL mode to strict

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Replaced with:

Set the SQL mode to strict

sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

yet not change, the option is still greyed out.

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

Henry,

For me to disable strict mode in the ini file. I just put a # in front of the string to comment it out. I didn't remove anything from the string.

Additional did you copy the my.ini from the ProgramData folder to Program files and restart MySQL?

HenryOzsoy
New Contributor III

Thanks @ShaunM9483 this fixed the issue for me.

teknikal35
New Contributor III

Thanks for your input , how can I access the greyed out mysql settings on a mac hosted environments

spotter
New Contributor III

following this nice write up by @bentoms worked for me...

JSS DATABASE UTILITY: CHANGE MYSQL SETTINGS GREYED OUT