JSS in DMZ

jmercier
Contributor II

Hi everyone... single little problem with the process of getting a JSS in a DMZ...

So far, my internal server (jss1) is up and running since a couple of years no problem. Added another JSS (jss2) in a dmz.

jss2 is connected to my internet database no problem. We have 1 DNS Name that resolves internally and externally. Internally it resolves no problem on jss1.

externally if i ping the DNS name it resolves to our public IP.

The jss2 web page does not load... i have done the procedure to copy the tomcat keystore and replacing the 2 lines as per the procedure, but it does not help

from my server jss2 in the dmz, the jss1 web pages opens, je jss2 web page does not open

any ideas

6 REPLIES 6

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@jmercier

When you say it doesn't load, what are you actually seeing? Does it just hang forever or does it give you the message that your web app is not available?

jmercier
Contributor II

Spinning like if its loading foreever

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Ok so then that begs the question, are you sure all of your ports are open? Have you tried telnetting to port from the outside? Also, can you access that DMZ server from the inside at an alternate address like its internal IP to verify the webapp itself is actually running properly?

jmercier
Contributor II

@chriscollins i just tried and its giving me Connected to XXXXXXXXXXXX

so i think thats good... i tripled chez with network guys and all seems to be good...

I think it has to do with my Tomcat on DMZ and maybe the Tomcat keystore !!!

jmercier
Contributor II

@chriscollins blooper.... i was connected to VPN... ahah... telnet not working on port 8443...

but im still getting the page to load forever...

ill check tomorrow with the network guys

jmercier
Contributor II

Well... reinstalled JSS, left tomcat alone and its all working fine... machines reports to my jss server, i get the login on web page...

cannot login but at least i get the login