JSS login logs?

rseide
Contributor

Our JSS is bound to our AD domain. We've added an AD group that contains our techs that will need to log into the JSS, however, some members of the group can't seem to log in with their AD credentials.

I cannot find any login logs for the JSS that may indicate why they can't log in. Do they exist? If so, where can I find them? Change Management is turned on but I don't think that will contain what I am looking for.

I'd rather not add these techs individually to the JSS as I'd like to control their capabilities on a group level.

EDIT: There seems to be a bigger issue at hand. I cannot find any users or groups in the AD domain when I do a search while trying to add an AD account or group in the JSS. Also, when testing the LDAP connection in JSS, no queries return any results. My original question still stands, though. Are there any login logs on the JSS?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

Do you use members in nested groups?

If Yes, please follow this and test;

1) Go to JSS > Setting > LDAP Server Connections > Edit > Mappings Tab
2) Tick "Use Recursive Group Lookups" to get nested AD group lookups (e.g.- a User in Group1 is a member of Group 2 and in JSS we selected Group2)

Also try,
3) Change the Search Base to (if it is like AD.YOURDOMAIN.COM):
DC=AD,DC=YOURDOMAIN,DC=COM so it will search from the whole domain for GROUPS

Thanks