JSS not updating mobile device user information after enrollment

chzar
New Contributor III

We have a one to one iPad program at our school and after issuing a few devices to new students that were used by graduating students the previous year, I noticed the device's user information is not being updated with the new user's LDAP information after pre-stage enrollment. This is a serious problem because now we have iPads in the wild with incorrect user information. Can anyone tell me why JSS doesn't update this information or how I can resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5

millersc
Valued Contributor

Verify the setting for it is turned on. Settings -> Mobile Device Management -> Inventory Collection -> Collect user and location information from LDAP

You can also set the timing for which this information is collected. Daily/Weekly/Monthly

psliequ
Contributor III

In your pre-stage, do you have

Use existing location information, if applicable

checked?

chzar
New Contributor III

Actually I do, does it include user information also?

psliequ
Contributor III

I believe that by location JAMF means all the data in the location fields for a device. So, what might be happening is that because there is a previous year student record already attached the prestage assumes you don't want to overwrite it.

chzar
New Contributor III

I did some preliminary testing with a device and turning off that option in pre-stage enrollment seems to have caused user information to update after enrollment. Thank you for the suggestion, I would never have guessed that.