Just CA certificate installing but not the MDM profile

Zeek
Contributor

81952c1e2244480d99313f2d49e48357

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Do you have a record of the computer under Mobile Devices? Search by the serial number and see.

View solution in original post

Zeek
Contributor

I finally got around this issue. I called Jamf and Found out it is a bug in Casper. My computer was getting enrolled in Mobile Device. If I want my computer to enroll the right way. I had to make sure is deleted from Mobile Device.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Yep. See my post above. You must have misread it initially. I've had this happen once back when I was on an earlier build of version 9.

14 REPLIES 14

tjhall
Contributor III

I presume this is via webenrollement? Seen that with Mac's which previously had the JAMF client installed.
Try Terminal and: sudo /usr/local/bin/jamf removeFramework (on the local Mac) and then download the MDM token again from the web again.
If not, try to delete the Mac from the JSS again.

Tobias

Zeek
Contributor

@tjhall I already tried that and no luck! I am not even getting the Jamf folder installed in my computer.

tjhall
Contributor III

what if you run sudo jams enroll -prompt

Zeek
Contributor

Does not work that way either. I have try all those commands: sudo /usr/local/bin/jamf removeFramework or sudo removeFramework, etc. I get command not found.

tjhall
Contributor III

So that implies that Jamf isn't installed. I presume it works if you use a QuickAdd package?

Zeek
Contributor

It does not. I get the same error

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Do you have a record of the computer under Mobile Devices? Search by the serial number and see.

Zeek
Contributor

I can find the computer by the serial # in casper but not managed.

millerl
New Contributor

If you run sudo jamf mdm does it return any sort of errors? I had 4 machines that were doing this and returning an error saying an SCEP server couldn't be reached. Went into our JAMF settings under JAMF Pro URL and turns out there was an invalid address for using built in SCEP. Deleting that address, saving and then re-running sudo jamf mdm on the machines fixed our issue.

Zeek
Contributor

I have the right address.

Sichas
Contributor

Hey @Zeek, just a thought here, have we verified that APNS is open to that computer? Try this command in Terminal on the computer that is failing to properly enroll:

nc -z gateway.push.apple.com 2195

Perhaps the MDM Profile can't be delivered because of a closed connection?

Zeek
Contributor

I finally got around this issue. I called Jamf and Found out it is a bug in Casper. My computer was getting enrolled in Mobile Device. If I want my computer to enroll the right way. I had to make sure is deleted from Mobile Device.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Yep. See my post above. You must have misread it initially. I've had this happen once back when I was on an earlier build of version 9.

Zeek
Contributor

I did not see your post @mainelysteve Thanks for your help.