Keep ahead of MacOS updates

cetoth
New Contributor

Is there a way to subscribe to a listserv or notification center that will notify our IT dept when Apple is releasing a MacOS update? I just want forewarning so we can plan our own update cycle. We just found a flaw in our update policy where the supplemental package caused some unexpected restarts because of the way we force updates. I've looked online and I can check Apple's support site for past releases but not sure if that's where they also list upcoming releases.

2 REPLIES 2

patgmac
Contributor III

You should get involved in the Appleseed for IT program. If you use ABM, you already have access. Otherwise, get in touch with your Apple account team. That'll get you access to the beta's.

However, they don't typically put supplemental updates in the beta programs. So nothing you can do there.

mbezzo
Contributor III

Yep, @patgmac's advice is great! Only thing I'd add is simply that Apple does not provide release dates for upcoming versions, period. Although they do usually only release on Tuesday's at 10am PDT, unless there's something critical. So you can kinda? plan around that...