LDAP Integration using LDS

Kevin
Contributor II

We have had LDAP integration with our JSS since installation. It works fine, but because of limitations of our internal AD, info has been minimal. For example, we have never been able to get office location because that info has often not been entered/ updated in AD.

Our Security team recently stepped up and did some great work and built a service that pulls the most current data from several of our internal systems and feeds a database that they front-ended with LDS.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb897400.aspx

I would like to connect my JSS to it, but can't get it working. We have seen other applications that don't speak LDS– they want Straight LDAP.

Does the JSS connect to LDS OK?

3 REPLIES 3

Rokas
New Contributor III

@Kevin did you get anywhere with this? As I'm trying to get such setup working now.

Kevin
Contributor II

Yes, we were able to get it working, but that was four years ago and I simply could not remember what the 'fix' was… I looked back over old documentation and discovered the response was that "the wizard does not work, but if you configure it manually, it works fine."

That did turn out to be accurate and our JSS has been integrated via LDS since October 2015.

Rokas
New Contributor III

Thanks for response, fact that it works is enough for me so I can search for fix :)