LDAP Mmemberships

retroroscoe
Contributor

Hi,

Is there a way of listing all the LDAP memberships for a user and then picking a particular one as need be?
I work in a school and our students are members of a variety of different Security Groups.
I would like to be able single out particular groups to leverage reports and apply config profiles etc.

3 REPLIES 3

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@retroroscoe you can scope policies and configuration profiles to LDAP groups. I've done it the following way: under Scope set Targets to all computers and all users and then under Limitations add the specific LDAP group you want the scoping limited to. If the policy isn't enabled, you can click on Logs button and it will show you the scope of what computers will be targeted by the policy so you can make sure you've got your scoping right before enabling the policy.

retroroscoe
Contributor

Ok, but how do I list all the groups the user is a member of to select the relevant one?

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

I don't know of a way to do what you're wanting to do from the Jamf Pro interface @retroroscoe . I see the group membership of my users in the directory service portal I'm using.