Licensed Software Definitions

Not applicable

Hi,

Just wondered before I issue a bug report whether anyone had figured a workaround to the following issue?

We, like many shops, have both Mac and Windows boxes with cross- platform licenses for the various pieces of software we run. I like to use Casper to track my licensing across both platforms, but have hit a snag. As would be expected, the applications have different names on each platform but this seems to flummox the JSS. For instance, to track CS3 Design Standard we enter the following as software definitions: -

Adobe Photoshop CS3.app
Adobe InDesign CS3.app

This happily picks up all the Mac instances, but none of the Windows (I wouldn't expect it to of course). If we change this definition to: -

Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe InDesign CS3

then JSS only reports Windows installs as contributing to the license count. Finally, as I would (kind of) expect, if we make the software definition include all 4, JSS doesn't pick anything up.

It seems to me that we need the software definitions to match on LIKE for title or we need to be able to add conditions or even better sets of definitions for each platform.

Has anyone got a workaround?

Cheers
Dan
-- Daniel Farnworth
IT Manager
The Creative Partnership
daniel.farnworth at thecreativepartnership.co.uk

http://www.thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 7439 7762
Fax: +44 (0)20 7437 1467

PGP Public Key available

1 REPLY 1

milesleacy
Valued Contributor

I don't have a workaround, but I second the feature request. Some
flexibility in defining a license would be welcome.

Thanks,
-- Miles Leacy
Senior Mac Technologist
ACTC|ACSA|ACT|CCA
Polo Ralph Lauren
212-318-7603
miles.leacy at poloralphlauren.com