Limit permissions for JSS users

donparfet
Contributor

I am looking for documentation how to add users to JSS with limited permissions to perform tasks.
At this point, I want to set up a group of users who can use Casper Image utility successfully, so I am trying to figure out what permissions to set on the group.
If you can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!
Don Parfet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donparfet
Contributor

thanks for the direction. I did the following and tested the restricted user can successfully use Casper Imaging:
JSS User accounts & groups - type ldap - access full - privileges custom

jss objects - computer enrollment invitations - create, read, update jss settings - casper imaging - read jss actions - view jss info casper imaging - use casper imaging

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dmohs
Contributor

First, locate the "JSS User Accounts & Groups" list:

1. Login to your JSS.
  2. Click the gearbox in the top-right corner.
  3. Click JSS User Accounts & Groups

Our assistant who does the imaging, but not much else in Casper, has the following privileges:

• JSS Objects: Computer Enrollment Invitations
  • JSS Settings: Casper Imaging
  • JSS Actions: View JSS Information
  • Use Capser Imaging

Disclaimer: Our assistant has not used Casper since we upgraded to 9.32. Hopefully it still works.

donparfet
Contributor

thanks for the direction. I did the following and tested the restricted user can successfully use Casper Imaging:
JSS User accounts & groups - type ldap - access full - privileges custom

jss objects - computer enrollment invitations - create, read, update jss settings - casper imaging - read jss actions - view jss info casper imaging - use casper imaging

bmak
Contributor
Contributor

I'll be soon reviewing the privileges that our support staff have and would also like to give only specific access so that they can perform their jobs without giving them the whole kit and caboodle!

Thanks for the tip guys