Locked configuration profile - unable to remove

bbot
Contributor

Hello,

I have a configuration profile set at the user level to configure wifi access. In the Profiles gui in system preferences, removal is greyed out.

When I do a profiles -Lv in terminal, it shows the profile as "removalDisallowed: TRUE" Where is this value set and how do I make it false?

I've tried removing it also by typing in profiles -R -p UUIDnumberhere with no luck

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

How did you install the profile? Was it through the JSS as a configuration profile payload? If it is through the JSS you will need to remove the machine from the Scope in the profile.

bbot
Contributor

The configuration profile was created in the JSS, then downloaded and stored on the local user's machine. I have a script that runs the profiles -I -F command to install it.

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I use the very command with the same setup and it works. Try using this:

sudo profiles -R -p "UDID"

with the UDID in quotation.

bbot
Contributor

No go. I'm getting an error "unable to locate configuration profile."

I'm doing a profiles -Lv, finding the one and only configuration profile I want to remove, looking under UUID and copying and pasting the UUID value. :(

bbot
Contributor

went through the sys logs and found that it was not allowing me to install it because it already existed. changed my script to remove the existing config profile before re-enrolling. Thanks for the responses!

AlanRoss
New Contributor

2013 mac pro just installed new SSD and was forced to DL Montery from San Francisco site.  This created a user profile I cannot access and keeps loading software from UC San Francisco.      I want to change my profile which is now associated with information from UCSF  and I want to be able to access my FileVault which is greyed out.   It is encrypted and I don't want it encrypted but am unable to change it.  Please help

Alan Ross MD

franknecrosis@gmail.com