Lost 75% of my Jamf Pro Computers on One Day.

GoingUndergroud
New Contributor III

Hi,

I just noticed a bunch of my computers (about 75%) stopped checking in to Jamf Pro  (cloud) on a specific day in August:

On running sudo jamf policy I get:

There was an error.

Device Signature Error - A valid device signature is required to perform the action.

Jamf log at /var/log/jamf.log on the client shows:

Sat Aug 13 06:22:26 ServerXXX jamf[15424]: Error Domain=com.jamf.jamfsecurity.error Code=-25293 "unlockWithPassword:error: : The user name or passphrase you entered is not correct." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=unlockWithPassword:error: : The user name or passphrase you entered is not correct.}
Sat Aug 13 06:22:27 ServerXXX jamf[15424]:
There was an error.

Device Signature Error - A valid device signature is required to perform the action.

The problem seems to be fixed on each client by running sudo jamf enroll -prompt on the client. It's a lot of busy owrk to do this on each client - is there a better way?

Also, since this is possibly (probably?) self-inflicted, but how do I work out exactly what happened on the day in question so it does not happen again? For example, is there a way to see which Policies and/or Profiles were created or modified just in front of the start of the problem?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@GoingUndergroud Are the Macs running macOS Mojave by any chance? And was your JSS upgraded to 10.40 around the same time? If so, see https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/device-signature-error-on-all-macos-mojave-10-14-6-machines/m... for more info.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@GoingUndergroud Are the Macs running macOS Mojave by any chance? And was your JSS upgraded to 10.40 around the same time? If so, see https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/device-signature-error-on-all-macos-mojave-10-14-6-machines/m... for more info.

GoingUndergroud
New Contributor III

Ah yes, it's on Mojave machines.  and yes, it looks like we were upgraded in that timeframe.

Sorry to have started a new thread. Would probably have found the original post have found it in Google had I realized it was only the 10.14 clients involved.

Thyanks for the info - off to do some sudo jamf enroll !