lpadmin Options and macOS GUI

gskibum
Contributor III
I’m using JAMF to push a script to set defaults for a Sharp BP 70C31 printer with the goals of:
  • Printer sharing off,
  • B&W default
  • Print release on.
My command:
lpadmin -p SHARP_BP_70C31___Main_Building -L Main_Building -E -v lpd://172.16.17.200/ -P /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/SHARP\ BP-70C31.PPD.gz -o printer-is-shared=false -o ARCMode=CMBW -o ARPrintRelease=True
The first two are working, but print release is not.If I run the command I find the *True value set:
lpoptions -p SHARP_BP_70C31___Main_Building -l ARPrintRelease/Print Release: False *True

CUPS also shows the value set to on, but the print dialog does not have the Print release checkbox checked.

If the jobs afre submitted anyway, the intended print release effect does not happen.

What may be going on with this?
1 REPLY 1

Ashok_A
Contributor

The PPD file may not fully support the ARPrintRelease option, or there could be a mismatch between the PPD file and the printer’s capabilities. Ensure that the PPD file you’re using (SHARP BP-70C31.PPD.gz) includes support for the ARPrintRelease option. You can verify this by opening the PPD file and checking for the ARPrintRelease entry to confirm it’s properly configured.

Additionally, there might be CUPS settings or configurations that need adjustment to fully enable the print release feature. Review the CUPS error logs for any messages related to print release, located at /var/log/cups/error_log.

Finally, refer the printer’s manual or Sharp’s support documentation for specific instructions or requirements for enabling the print release feature.