lpoptions and Xerox 7760DN

gskibum
Contributor III

Hi ya'll. I've been tasked with setting a default for a Xerox 7760DN for single-side printing. However I don't see a key to control that with lpoptions.

The GUI reveals controls for 2-sided: Long-Edge binding and Short-Edge binding. But lpoptions doesn't show any such key.

Any way to do this?

crash-test-dummy:~ admin$ lpoptions -p Phaser_7760DN__00_00_aa_9a_db_68_
copies=1 device-uri=dnssd://Phaser%207760DN%20(00%3A00%3Aaa%3A9a%3Adb%3A68)._pdl-datastream._tcp.local./?bidi finishings=3 job-cancel-after=10800 job-hold-until=no-hold job-priority=50 job-sheets=none,none marker-change-time=0 number-up=1 printer-commands=ReportStatus,com.xerox.ReportSavedJobs,com.xerox.ReportJobAccounting,com.xerox.ReportColorCorrections printer-info='Phaser 7760DN' printer-is-accepting-jobs=true printer-is-shared=true printer-location printer-make-and-model='Xerox Phaser 7760DN' printer-state=3 printer-state-change-time=1490734546 printer-state-reasons=none printer-type=8433884 printer-uri-supported=ipp://localhost/printers/Phaser_7760DN__00_00_aa_9a_db_68_
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@gskibum when I do lpoptions -p "nameofprinter" -l it gives me all the options available. I think the one you are looking for is Duplex/2-Sided Printing: *None DuplexNoTumble DuplexTumble So you'll either need to set -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble or -o Duplex=DuplexTumble depending upon which one you want.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@gskibum when I do lpoptions -p "nameofprinter" -l it gives me all the options available. I think the one you are looking for is Duplex/2-Sided Printing: *None DuplexNoTumble DuplexTumble So you'll either need to set -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble or -o Duplex=DuplexTumble depending upon which one you want.

gskibum
Contributor III

That is strange. I'm doing this for 5 different models of Xerox printers and this is the only one that won't return the keys with the command.

The other 4 models use the same key, and your 7760 looks it up too so I'll go with that.

Thank you!