Mac asked to enroll even when unassigned on Apple school manager

BCPeteo
Contributor II

Having a weird issue on a macOS 14.0 system. I had the system enrolled in our production server and wanted to to move it to our Dev server for some testing. Removed mdm profile, removed it from Production pre-stage and deleted it from jamf. Re-assigned to dev MDM in ASM and added it prestage on Dev. Ran sudo profiles renew -type enrollment,  got the enrollment prompt but then received and error  "enrolling with management server failed NSCocoaErrorDomain:3840". So I removed it from the Prestage, then unassigned it in ASM but I am still getting the enrolment popup even after multiple reboots. I can see its still trying to enroll into our Dev server as its showing the dev pre stage in the learn more about remote management. Wondering if there is a file to remove that can clear this?

3 REPLIES 3

JevermannNG
Contributor II

Did you try a PRAM/NVRAM Reset?

Boot into Recovery Mode, delete the whole hard drive and run a clean macOS Internet Installation. That should fix the issue.

SCCM
Contributor III

You use to get other errors when doing what you described before, not sure if one of those old fixes would work in this instance like deleting /Library/keychains/apsd.keychain or sudo profile -N:
https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/device-enrollment-installation-failed-the-mdm-server-for-your...

BCPeteo
Contributor II

Thanks, I tried that and sudo profile -Nv  Same error