Mac OS 12 Beta 7

Tonydig11
New Contributor III

I have just update two VM's with OS 12 Beta 7. One instance is a VM already connected to JAMF Pro seems to kind of work ok. The second is a standard build not connected to JAMF. When I try to self enroll that VM it downloads the MDM profiles but stops there. It does not apply the profiles and does not install Self Service. I have been trying with every beta version hoping it will start working. 

Am I missing something or is Jamf Pro not yet compatible with Mac OS 12 yet?

3 REPLIES 3

mschroder
Valued Contributor

I have enrolled two macOS 12 beta VMs to our MDM. Which version of Jamf are you using?

My problem with the beta VMs is rather to get the OS updates to them, they all claim no updates available 😞

Tonydig11
New Contributor III

I am on the latest version. I also have the issue with not seeing the updates. I have been rolling back my VM to Beta 1. The when I check for updates it will find the latest Beta version.

How did you enroll your VM's? Did you use Pre Stage Enrollment or Manual Enrollment?

mschroder
Valued Contributor

I used manual enrolment (user initiated).

Rolling back to beta1 might be an option for the VMs hosted on Intel, but this functionality does not exist for Parallels on macOS 12 M1 Macs 😞

Apple is getting better and better at making our life difficult...