Mac os deploy

harsha
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

How do you deploy the mac os latest version in jamf pro, by configuration profiles or by policies or any other method. Can you tell me?

7 REPLIES 7

dbrownlee
New Contributor

I use Smart Computers filtering, where "Out of OSX" has been created.  Within Out of OSX, you can view the computers that are out of compliance and upgrade them, clicking on action, sending remote commands, updating the OS X and apps version.  However, you can also do this process through inventory, 

harsha
New Contributor III

Hi,

So we cant do anything from policies or configuration profiles? May I know what is the use of these two? Are they any sessions or videos to see how to do? so, you are telling that with the help of smart computers in jamf pro we can add the mac os latest version, is it right?

harsha
New Contributor III

Hi,

I need to know few points, can you explain me plz

1.How to notify the users when new updates(mac software updates) are available in jamf pro.

2.How to make automatic updates when user don't install the updates manually in jamf pro.

If you're using self service for the apps then it's in Self Service.  On the other, if you're having the apps install automatically, then it will automatically install the OS or any app.  Depends on your situation.

MacOS.jpg

harsha
New Contributor III

Hi dbrownlee,

Do we need to add any package? If yes how can we add the package? After setup how users can know there is an update, do we need to add this name in policies or configuration profiles?

harsha
New Contributor III

Hi dbrownlee,

I am not trying to install the app, I am trying to setup the mac os latest version for the user? How can i send the notification to users that there is an update regarding the latest software. suppose if i have the latest version of mac, how can i deploy into jamf pro, so that users can see it? Can you plz help me with this?