Macbook Air adapters

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

For those of you imaging Macbook Airs over ethernet, were your apple sales reps able to give you the Ethernet addresses to add into the JSS console in a spreadsheet?

I was surprised on the few test adapters we received we can't even bar code scan them from the packaging. Instead you get the joy of trying to read light gray text on white adapters.

Also, has anyone had good luck with the belkin adapters? Read mixed reviews...

4 REPLIES 4

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I plugged the adapters into my machine, or into a test machine to get the MAC address that way instead of trying to find a magnifying glass.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm surprised Apple hasn't provided a KB with MAC Address range for those USB/Ethernet adapters. Off to check with our rep now...

PS, Am I the only person seeing incorrect avatars on iPad? :)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

davidhiggs
Contributor III

My adapters didn't have MAC addresses printed on the packaging or the adapter. Unless this has changed recently, i've had to use a machine to read the MAC address. We don't have many adapters, so I took an extra step and labelled all adapters with a DYMO.

My model adapter is: A1277

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@David - you're right. I don't know why I thought I remembered reading it off there. Guess I got it off the machine too. I asked my account reps a few times if they could provide mac addresses - no dice so far.